Pages

Wednesday 12 December 2018

letter to home

1

Dear Family,
I am writing to you from my hotel in Japan. A lot has happened in the last Day and a half.  I met up with Curious Kiwi at the airport. but he lost his books so I suggested THE HUNGER GAMES to him.

The Hunger games is a story about a girl called Katniss Everdeen. she lives in a post apocalypses country called Padnem with 12 districts and one Capital. Ones a year the capital holds a tormentor called THE HUNGER GAMES where a boy and a girl from each district fight to the death. This year Katniss and a boy called Peeta are nominated for the hunger Games.


2

Curious kiwi really liked the ending. while Kiwi read I practised some simple Japanese, It has been hard But i managed to learn a bit

Kon'nichiwa = Hello

Arigatogozai mas = thank you

Eigo 0 hanasemasu Ka? = do you speak English


This is my expression when I arrive in japan and need to speak the language.






3

When I get to my hotel I flop into bed and sleep until morning the next day. I am greeted by a full breakfast of white rice, fish, miso soup and natto. It is absolutely Delicious. then I think about meals in New Zealand. the first thing that comes to mind is pavlova so I decided to draw one.





In japan It is very rainy and today is one of those days. I see the weather forecast for New Zealand and it is the perfect summer day. I begin to think about the type of things that I like to do in the summer. These are some of the things I came up with. #1 I like to go on bike rides, #2 I like to jump on the trampoline, #3 I enjoy doing parcor on the playground, #4 I like playing on the computer, #5 I enjoy arts and crafts. I also found out what Dion liked doing in the summer. his favourite thing to do is playing basket ball followed by watching TV, Eating ice cream, water fights and drinking lemonade.

It has been fun so far,

From
Zach

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Zach,
    This is a perfect example of a fantastic Summer Learning Journey post! This one would definitely get you full points and I love how you you put in that little extra with the drawing of the pavlova! I may have a bonus prize for you for this one! ;)
    The Hunger Games is a great book to recommend, I loved reading all of them myself, have you read them?
    What types of art and craft do you enjoy doing?
    Thanks so much for this wonderful blog post Zach, it's really made my day :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.