Pages

Thursday 8 November 2018

conquering the Climbing wall

                                                          Climbing wall

 It was Time. I had done a lot in the last day and a half, trampolining, zip-lining, go karts, team
 building, and now it was the activity I was waiting for. The climbing wall. I climb a lot of trees but I
couldn’t help being excited.

There where four levels. One, Two, Three, and Four. One was the easiest and four was the hardest.
Level Three and Four were taller then one and two and had a ledge sticking out half way up. I wanted to go straight to four.

 When I got there I put on a harness, But I Had to run back to my room to put on my shoes. When I
got back The manager started to explain the rules. To climb a wall you must have a B-Team( that was
 the team that held the rope that you are attached to), your B-Team must be ready and your rope must
 be tight. Then you can climb the wall. I got to be the example. I was exampling on the first wall. I
made easy work of that wall. Then I touched the bar at the top of the wall and let go. The B-Team
slowly lowed me to the ground. It felt amazing! Like I was floating. Not like the zip-line because that Had momentum forwards.

 As I touched the ground the manager unbuckled me and went to the fourth wall. But I couldn’t
because there was no B-Team. The people who are in the B-Team are the next to be on that wall. And
 no one wanted to go on the fourth wall. So I joined the B-Team for the third wall. When I joined
Paige was first on the wall she made it one quarter way up. The next in line was shavon. She made it
 to the same place.

 Then it was me. I made it to the same place but then got past it. I made it to the ledge and got my
hands to the ledge. And had my body on a sloped angle I started to shake. I was nervous. Not about
falling, but about hanging, and I don’t even know why. One of the adults sugested that I let go, hang
and have a rest then get back at it. I let go and hung by the rope. I saw my B-Team and did not want
to make it hard for them so I looked at the wall. And ajusted myself and made it up at wall and
touched the bar and drifted down.

After that I was the B-Team for while then I asked for a B-Team at Level four. I got one really quickly. So I did the checks and I started at the wall. It was easy until I got to the ledge then I got stuck in the same position as on the third wall.A sloped angle. I was stuck. Why was this so hard? I imagined it being a piece of cake. I was about to jump to another part in a wild risk then I felt a tug on my rope. I was being pulled up the wall by my B-Team. I held on to the wall and climbed it was hard but I made it to the top. I let go and drifted to the ground. It was an amazing feeling. I had done the hardest level.

 I got down and lay on the ground for about a minute before I went to the second wall and climbed to the top so that I could say I did all of them. It was easy after level three and four. I touched the top bar and went down. After that we left the wall. It was really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.